Berkshire Grown envisions a community where healthy farms define the open landscape, where a wide diversity of fresh, seasonal food and flowers continue to be readily available to everyone.
Berkshire Grown supports and promotes local agriculture as a vital part of the Berkshire community, economy, and landscape.
We do this by…
Advocating for farmers
Supporting good agricultural practices
Fostering Education and Outreach
Food accessibility for the community
Farm to table networking
Promoting locally grown and produced food
Berkshire Grown is the “go to” network linking farmers and the Berkshire community. Through events, workshops, promotions, advocacy, and education highlighting locally grown and produced food, Berkshire Grown helps to create a thriving local food economy.
- Berkshire Grown is a nonprofit organization that advocates for local food and farmers.
- Berkshire Grown produces a Guide to Local Food and Farms - a listing of farms, food producers, markets, and restaurants.
- Berkshire Grown distributes a monthly newsletter about local food and farming events, news articles, and
- Berkshire Grown produces Holiday and Winter Farmers Markets in Great Barrington and Williamstown.
- Berkshire Grown's program Share the Bounty buys CSA shares from farmers and donates it to famlies and organizations.
Whom to Contact
- Barbara Zheutlin