First Congregational Church of Sheffield, United Church of Christ
- Religious Organizations
Rooted in history and this sacred land…
Now in our 288th year, and Sheffield’s first gathered community of faith, we are an Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ.
We seek to offer a variety of opportunities that deepen and broaden one’s experience of faith, and to nurture community within the love and welcome of Jesus.
We host the Annual Blessing of the Fields, Church on the River, 5th Sunday Breakfast Church and partner in a vibrant Appalachian Trail Ministry. Join us for interactive hybrid worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am, in-person or via zoom.
We are home to:
• Sheffield Farmers’ Market
• Berkshire Children’s Chorus
• Community Peace Garden & Labyrinth
• Community Bread Oven
• Sheffield Food Assistance Program
• Village School Food Box Program
• Elizabeth Freeman Monument in cooperation with the Sheffield Historical Society
Our historic wood framed building was erected in 1760, served as the Sheffield Meeting House for the town, and is the oldest church building in Berkshire County.
Whom to Contact
- Jen OwensPO Box 387125 Main StreetSheffield, MA 01257Phone: 413-229-8173